Kavdi Pat lies 15 km on the outskirts of Pune city. It lies on the Solapur Highway NH 9. It is on the banks of Mula-Mutha river near Pune.It consists of dry lands and wetlands with some forest like area and farms as farming is the main occupation.
A great variety of birds are found in Kavdi Pat and a lot of migratory birds also migrate during winter and some of them have started living there as a home. It is a natural habitat for birds and lot of birds thrive there. It is a natural bird sanctuary.
I live in Manjri, Pune which is near from Kavdi Pat and quite often visit Kavdi Pat. It is beautiful place and other than birds I have also seen beautiful landscapes during morning and evening time. The people here are very friendly and have good knowledge about birds.
- Share the magic of nature with your children this winter (savingsjunction.com)
- Fears for endangered parrot as numbers drop (abc.net.au)
- Weatherwatch: When migrating cranes fly high good weather is likely (guardian.co.uk)
- Vaux’s swifts return to Monroe school (heraldnet.com)
- When Photographing Birds You Need to Know Your Subjects Well (nikonusa.com)
- Avian botulism killing birds in North Portland wetlands (oregonlive.com)
- Exploratory Cycling (swaroopch.com)
- US-based Guyanese nabbed at CJIA with ‘twa twa’ birds in crotch (kaieteurnewsonline.com)
- Birdwatching in Turks and Caicos | Turks and Caicos Islander (turkscaicosluxuryvillas.com)
One thought on “Kavdi Pat”